Construction Materials Laboratory of University of Tehran was established in the early days of the Faculty of Engineering foundation in 1946. It is located in the main building of the Faculty of Engineering in the main campus of University of Tehran. Construction Materials Laboratory had been supervised by late Abdolhossein Khalili from 1946 to 1970, then by late Prof. Mehdi Ghalibafian from 1970 to 2007. Prof. Mohammad Shekarchizadeh supervises this laboratory since 2007 till now.
Construction Materials Laboratory is one of the most reliable construction materials laboratory centers in Iran, so that most of the organizations accept it as an accredited reference laboratory. This laboratory acts as an integral part of Construction Materials Institute (CMI) in carrying out the consulting and research projects.
Construction Materials Institute provide a wide range of technical services, including testing of cementitious materials, quality control of concrete on site, assessment of concrete structures and consultancy in relation to concrete technology.